Competitions are conducted by SLSA across a wide range of ages commencing from under eight years to seventy years and over, and may include competitions with single or multiple areas involving pool, ocean, lifesaving, boat, craft, swimming, and beach events or multiple discipline events.
For a summary of each event please visit the surf sports event descriptions page.
Due to the escalating cost of carnival entry fees, it has been necessary to have a competition levy. Refer to the Membership Prices webpage for current levy amount. This is payable by any Member that enters carnivals throughout the season. If a Member is entered into a carnival and does not compete then a new levy will be imposed.
To be eligible to compete in any Surf Life Saving Australia competition for Dee Why SLSC a member must:
- Be a registered and current financial member of Dee Why SLSC.
- Have a minimum qualification of either a Surf Rescue Certificate (Juniors) or a Bronze Medallion and be proficient in that award.
- Meet the patrol hour requirements according to your membership category to compete. This means that Active members must have completed a minimum of 25 hours of patrols in the preceding calendar year, while Active Reserve members must have complete 12 hours.
- Have met any other competition eligibility qualification requirements for specific events e.g. IRB, Surf Boat (sweep), Patrol Competition, First Aid.
Surf sports age group/gender categories:
- Under 8 – Under 15 years (one year categories)
- Under 17 years
- Under 19 years
- Under 21 years
- Under 23 years
- Over 24 years
- Masters (30 years plus)
- Female only
- Male only
Surfs Sports Questions
For more information about competing for Dee Why SLSC please contact the Head Coach Marty Quinn via email at email@example.com