Copyright © Dee Why SLSC 2010
This policy is intended to be a guide to all users, recipients of data, administrators, members of the public or any other person who may view, access or use a Dee Why SLSC application, website or database or the related data contained in such a system.
The policy also outlines the responsibilities of users of such systems.
In this policy, the expression “you” is a reference to all users, recipients of data, administrators, members of the public or any other person who may view, access or use an Dee Why SLSC application, website, database or any other IT system or the related data contained in such a system.
The following statement outlines the responsibilities of people using any IT system provided by Dee Why SLSC (including but not limited to its members).
By using an application, database, IT system or website made available by Dee Why SLSC you acknowledge and agree that:
- You are responsible for any user content posted by you on an IT System. You warrant that all user content entered into any IT System or posted on the Dee Why SLSC website by you:
- is true and correct;
- is not misleading or deceptive, defamatory or obscene;
- does not infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights; and
- can be lawfully published by Dee Why SLSC;
- Only information relating to you or relevant to your duties as an officer or staff member of Dee Why SLSC will be accessed by you;
- You will not change or enter any information or records relating to you except personal contact information or information that any person may change themselves through an online system.
- You will advise Dee Why SLSC when you no longer need a login so that the access can be terminated;
- You will not knowingly give another person your password or access to any IT System without first obtaining the written permission of Dee Why SLSC and following the proper login procedures;
- To protect the integrity of the data contained in the IT Systems, Dee Why SLSC will monitor usage within the IT Systems. You acknowledge that you are aware of and agree to this monitoring;
- No personal information relating to any member or person will be accessed, viewed or amended by you except for the reasons or purpose of carrying out the job, role or function delegated to you by Dee Why SLSC and where such access, viewing or amendment is part of the role defined in your access application and/or position description;
- Access by any person (including logins, passwords and permissions) to any Dee Why SLSC system or system provided by a State, Branch or related external entity will only be used as they were allocated or intended (as part of a job role or function) by the system administrator and no person shall use another persons login, password or permissions without specific permission from that systems administrator; and
- Any breach of this policy may result in disciplinary and/or legal action being taken by Dee Why SLSC (or relevant entity) against you.
Website and IT System – General Usage Policy
The following statement outlines the responsibilities of people (i.e. recipients of data) such as members of the public, a Dee Why SLSC member or other interested party who may view or interact with an IT System provided by or for Dee Why SLSC.
- Use of the Dee Why SLSC website (“website”) and the facilities thereon (including, but not limited to, the use of any IT Systems accessible on the website) and any material or information obtained from this Website is at your own risk, and Dee Why SLSC hereby expressly disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all warranties, express or implied, of any kind whatsoever including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and infringement.
- Dee Why SLSC will not be responsible for the failure of performance of the website, any IT System and/or the software used thereon or obtained therefrom; the loss of data or services resulting from delays, non-deliveries, mis-deliveries, or service interruption; the accuracy, quality, timeliness, completeness or nature of information obtained through its services; any omission in the information provided; nor the consequences arising from or related to any viruses transmitted through its servers, or any liability, costs, loss of profits or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to access an IT System or the Website.
- In relation to content provided by users, Dee Why SLSC will not be responsible for any such content (if any) posted by users in chat rooms or other community areas. All such content whether expressed as opinions, statements or recommendations, are those of users expressing such views and are not those of Dee Why SLSC.
- This website may be linked to or from other sites that are not maintained by Dee Why SLSC or in any way connected to Dee Why SLSC. Dee Why SLSC does not control in any respect any information, products or services offered by such other sites and will NOT be responsible for the content of such other sites. For example, users may be able to buy goods and services via the website, some of which may be through third party retailers who link to the website. Users may also enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions of advertisers on the Website. Dee Why SLSC in no way endorses these third parties and any such transactions, dealings, correspondence with or participation in promotions of third parties, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such matters are solely between the corresponding user and the third party. Dee Why SLSC assumes no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such transaction, dealing, correspondence or participation.
- All copyright in the text, images, photographs, graphics, user interface, and other content provided on the IT Systems or the Website, and the selection, coordination, and arrangement of such content, are owned or licensed by Dee Why SLSC to the full extent provided under Australian copyright laws and all international copyright laws.
- You may view the website and its contents but you are prohibited from copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, performing or transmitting any of the contents of the Website for any purposes without the prior written consent of Dee Why SLSC. The website and the information contained in it are for informational purposes only. Any reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements of the website is strictly prohibited without Dee Why SLSC’s prior written consent.
- The IT Systems and the website include registered and unregistered trade marks of SLSA & Dee Why SLSC and various third parties, including but not limited to State Surf Life Saving associations and commercial partners of Dee Why SLSC. You may not use these trade marks without the prior written consent of the owner of the relevant trade mark.
Any breach of this policy will be dealt with under Dee Why SLSC’s rules and any relevant laws pertaining to such breaches. Any breach of this policy may result in disciplinary action being taken by Dee Why SLSC.
The material on this website is provided by Dee Why SLSC on the understanding that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to its use. Beach safety is a serious consideration. In particular, surf conditions are variable and therefore any information on this website should not be relied upon as a substitute for observation of local conditions and an understanding of your abilities in the surf.
Dee Why SLSC also confirms that links to external web sites are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material on those sites, or any associated organisation, product or service.
Dee Why SLSC may collect information through the website. Dee Why SLSC is not liable to users of the website for any loss or damage however caused resulting from use of the website.
Dee Why SLSC is not responsible for, and it does not endorse, the opinions, advice or recommendations posted by users of any public forum, and Dee Why SLSC specifically disclaims any liability in connection with any public forum. Dee Why SLSC reminds you to always swim between the red and yellow flags and never swim at unpatrolled beaches.